An interstellar con artist forced to crew with the ship she screwed over (ARCLIGHT REDLINE). On office worker whose cynical humor hides suicidal tendencies (THE POWERS THAT BE). An autistic woman who just wants to be left alone, forced into a revenge drama (EVERY MOUNTAIN MADE LOW).
Where can we get colorful characters?
In the first part of this series, I shared my formula for planning a novel. Now, let’s talk character development.
Continue reading How to Develop Characters
To date, I’ve written 8 books:
- FESTIVAL OF THE BIZARRE (a terrible first novel)
- THE GEARHEART (good podcast, bad novel)
- THE GEARHEART: ARTIFICE (blank-page rewrite of THE GEARHEART)
- THE GEARHEART: MAIDEN FLIGHT OF THE AVENGER & LAST DAYS OF THE OCTOBER SQUADRON (2 novellas)
- THE GEARHEART: LION & SNAKE (the unpublished origin story)
- EVERY MOUNTAIN MADE LOW
- THE POWERS THAT BE: A STARTUP GUIDE TO IMMORTALITY
- ARCLIGHT REDLINE (working title)
- HAS BEEN (in progress, working title)
I have a way that I plan them. Care to hear it?
Continue reading How to Plan a Novel